TEN COMMANDMENTS OF WEIGHT LOSS
Weight loss requires that you change your eating and exercise habits daily. But other choices you make each day, such as skipping breakfast, taking too much sugar and alcohol can also help to add weight. These ten laws of weight loss can move you towards your weight-loss goal if well applied.
1. Thou Shall Eat Whole Grain Carbs: Whole grains is the healthiest sources of carbohydrates—unprocessed or minimally processed whole grains are healthy for your body. Whole grains such as whole wheat bread, rye, barley and quinoa are better choices. Unhealthier sources of carbohydrates include white bread, pastries, sodas, and other highly processed or refined foods. They contain carbohydrates that may contribute to weight gain, interfere with weight loss, and promote diabetes and heart diseases.
2. Thou Shall Eat Proteins: Eating approximately one daily serving of beans, chickpeas, lentils,peas, fish, poultry and nuts can increase fullness and leads to better weight management and weight loss. If losing weight is your goal. Please pay attention to eating lots of protein .
3. Thou Shall Eat Healthy Fats: To lose weight, you must limit foods high in saturated fat. Food such as cake, biscuits, red meat, palm oil, Cookies, Fries, Crackers, cheese are saturated fat containing foods. They are unhealthy for your body. Unsaturated fats are healthy for your body, they come from mostly plants, They (Unsaturated fats) help to remove bad cholesterol from the blood stream and ease the flow of blood to the vital organs of our body. Examples of unsaturated fat are: Salmon, mackerel and sardines, flaxseeds, walnuts, canola oil, unhydrogenated soybean oil.
4. Thou Shall Eat Fiber-Filled Diet: Adopting fiber rich foods into your meals daily is a great way to lose weight weight and stay healthy because fiber rich foods helps to aid digestion and maintain a healthy weight. Foods such as Beans,Shredded Wheat, Barley (cooked), Brown rice (cooked), Spinach, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Carrots all contain fiber and they help in keeping your digestive tract clean and healthy.
5. Thou Shall Eat Vegetables And Fruits: Let plant-based foods be the foundation of any diet. Studies strongly supports the benefits of plant-based nutrition approaches for weight loss, disease prevention, and overall health.
6.Thou Shall Eat Breakfast :Breakfast helps to jump start your metabolism. Make sure you add protein to your breakfast because it helps to get filled up throughout the day thereby eating less.
7. Thou Shall Drink 3-4 Litres of Water Daily : Water is best to quench your thirst. Skip the sugary drinks and take little or no alcohol. Limiting your alcohol drinking can be healthy choice, for a man 2 units are good for a day but for women 1 unit is enough for the day- for those who are addicted to drinking.
8. Thou Shall Exercise Daily: Exercise and other physical activities helps to burn fat and stay fit. Exercises help people to have the lean and powerful body. It also help you to improve your muscle size and stay fit. To lose weight faster , do one of the following, head to a track to jog, swim daily, or go for martial art training
9. Thou Shall Avoid Sugar: Make a decision to reduce the amount of sugar in your diet, and consider eliminating sugary drinks. This includes sugar-sweetened beverages, fruit juices, various sports drinks, as well as coffees and teas with sugar added to them.
10. Thou Shall Limit Alcohol: Alcohol intake is associated with having weight gain because it contains high amount of calories. You may not be able to stop taking alcohol totally at once, but you can limit your intakes.Two units are good for men daily and one unit for women.